Here are all the tasks that you can do on table views for objects:
Configuring Table Views
You can configure table views for all your objects and tasks within an object in WorkSpan for easy visualization of your KPIs and to easily slice and dice your data.
Table views in WorkSpan help you to view and compare rows of data simultaneously in any order that you choose.
You can seamlessly search for your data. Contextual search and filtering within columns further helps you to easily navigate to what you are looking for.
You can Click for Table View to go to the default Table View for an object. You can customize the default view and save it and configure and save other table views for:
- Sales Plans Landing Page
- Solutions Landing Page
- Assessments Landing Page
- Partner Programs Landing Page
- Tasks within an object
- Content Library Landing Page
- Templates Landing Page
You can do the following actions on a table view:
- Configure and save multiple views.
- Export the current view or the entire table in a CSV format.
- Manage columns to select the columns that you want to include or exclude in your table. In a column, you can:
- Pin one or more columns to the left or right to freeze the columns in a table. You have to save your changes if you want to keep the changes for subsequent viewing. You can also move pinned columns like other columns but save changes to your saved view.
- Autosize one or more columns.
- Group by <column name>
- Move columns left or right and also Reset columns.
- Select or filter one or more values (e.g, for opportunities table view's Partner Engagement Column, you can select all states or a subset of one or more states (e.g, won, identified, converted to opportunity) that you want to search by.
- Select metrics to view goals/results.
- Navigate to all saved views.
- Save a current view.
- Search keywords within a table.
- Delete a View.
The program is being used as an example here. Replace with the appropriate object for which you want to configure a table view.
- Navigate to the program for which you want to configure one or more table views.
- Select the column(s) corresponding to the fields that you want to report on.
- Within each column, when you hover, you can enable more features, to help you easily visualize your data (e.g, for the Region column, you can group by region name and further filter by a particular region, e.g, Brazil). The ability to slice and dice your data by searching for specific criteria within a column and filtering helps you quickly and easily view what you are looking for.
You can also save your views for your future use.
- Navigate to your object for which you want to create and save a view.
- For a view that you want to save, click the Save View icon . Save View window opens.
- Enter a View Name. Click Save.
- For an existing view, you can make any updates that you want and either click Save Changes to save your updates or Discard Changes to not save your updates.
Navigating to All Views for an Object
You can configure multiple views by selecting different columns (fields) and save your views with intuitive names for easy navigability.
- Navigate to your object for which you want to see all views and click
- All Saved Views are opened.
- Click on the View Name that you want to navigate to.
- A System Default view is available on all tables. You can navigate to the System Default view by clicking on "Views" from any table. You can build new customized views starting from the System Default, then save your customized view to the list of views.
You can easily delete a view that you no longer use.
- Navigate to your object for which you want to delete a view and go to the table view.
- Click . All Saved Views are displayed.
- Hovering on the view name highlights the gear icon .
- Click the gear icon. Edit View pop up is displayed.
- Click Remove. This will delete the view.
Managing Columns in a Table View
You can seamlessly update columns for your table view. You can remove one or more columns, reorder columns and also select additional columns for your table view.
- Navigate to your object for which you want to remove or reorder columns for a view and navigate to the table view.
- Click Manage Columns . All the field names for the columns for the view are displayed.
- To select a field (column), click the corresponding checkbox. The field is added to the table view as a column.
- To deselect a field (column), uncheck the corresponding checkbox. The field (column) is removed from the table view.
Grouping By Column Names
You can group by column names for easy grouping too.
- Navigate to your object for which you want to group by column names and go to the table view and select the view that you want to group by a column name.
- Hover in the column that you want to group your table view by.
- Click the to open the pop-up and click Group by Partner Engagement Status.
- Click Save Changes to save changes to your view.
You can also run reports to view performance data across your entire data set for an object-e.g, you can run the Marketing Report and select all your programs for your report or a subset of programs. See Overview of Reports