The Tasks tab within an object is where you can add tasks that need to be completed to successfully execute a partner program, a campaign, a program, a sales plan, a solution or an opportunity.
From the Tasks Landing page, you can view all existing tasks for an object and/or click Add Task to add a new task to an object.
You can select a task and do the following actions without having to navigate to another page:
- Assign a task
- Set reminders
- Clone a task
- Change task status
- Change task priority
- Add or remove watchers
- Archive a task
- Add comments to tasks
- Add attachments
On the Tasks Landing page, you can also:
- Filter the tasks by status, by priority and by other fields.
- Click Display to select the columns that you want to see.
- Toggle between a list view and a table view.
- Click the Assign icon.
- Select the name of the person in your network to whom you want to assign this task.
- Click Assign.
Setting Reminders for Tasks
- Click the Remind icon.
- Send Reminder window opens.
- Enter a message.
- Click Send Reminder.
Cloning a Task
- Click the Clone icon.
- Copy of the task being cloned is created.
Changing Task Status
- Click the Change icon.
- Click Change Status and select the status to which you want to change.
Changing Task Priority
- Click the Change icon and then click Change Priority.
- Select the priority to which you want to change.
Adding Watchers to Task
- Click the Watch icon and then click Add Watcher.
- Select the names of one or more people who you want to add as watchers.
Adding Comments to Tasks
- Click the Comments icon on the task row to which you want to add comments.
- Enter your comments.
Adding Attachments to Tasks
- In the task row to which you want to add a link or a file, go to the Attachments column.
- Click the File or Link icon to attach a file or a link.