Users are granted access to integration based on their role and the specific integration in WorkSpan. This document showcases the steps for sharing integration with your company users. WorkSpan integration can be granted for a variety of commercial reasons, including:
- Collaboration with partners.
- Streamlining processes.
- Data analysis.
2. Driving Business Value with Integration
Key benefits of business collaboration fall under several categories:
- Collaboration with partners: If a user needs to collaborate with partners on Joint sales, Marketing activities, and Opportunities. They may need access to integrations that connect their organization's and partner's systems to do so. This will allow them to share data and information in real-time, improving collaboration and decision-making.
- Streamlining processes: Integrations can help automate manual processes and streamline workflows, reducing errors and saving time. If a user is responsible for managing a specific function or workflow, they may need access to integrations that support that process.
- Data analysis: Integrations can provide real-time access to data from different systems, enabling users to analyze and report on data more efficiently. If a user is responsible for analyzing data from different sources, they may need access to integrations that provide access to that data.
3. Sharing the Integration
The steps to be followed while sharing an Integration are mentioned below:
Step 1: Log in to your WorkSpan account. Click on the hamburger menu and select "Integrations".
Step 2: Locate the integration you want to share with the user and click on "Edit".
Step 3: In the Edit Integration screen, navigate to "Sharing". In the "Sharing" section, click on the "Specify Users" dropdown. If a user has to be marked as an Owner, please use the "Specify Owners" dropdown.
- In the dropdown, enter the email address of the user you want to share the integration with.
- Click the "Save" button to save the changes.
Step 4: You will view a success message on the screen.
Step 5: The user will receive an email notification that they have been given access to the integration. They can then log in to their WorkSpan account and navigate to the "Integrations" section to access the integration.