New Features and Enhancements
- Easy Referral launch. You can now launch any Amazon referral (even those with Customer Software Value larger than $120,000) from within Salesforce.
- Get notifications about Referrals. You can now receive in-app notifications about various Referral events. The package includes multiple OOTB in-app notifications for incoming and outgoing Amazon and Microsoft referral notifications.
- A configuration page to toggle notifications on and off for specific events.
- Sends a notification to Account Manager, Partner Manager, and Opportunity Owner tagged on the Referral.
- Enhanced error handling. Added automated retry mechanisms on the WorkSpan—SFDC integration side to display the errors, warnings, and messages produced during Integration. Furthermore, the error log includes a timestamp and a message that states the event of the error. It helps in improved debugging and provides a clear and concise message to handle errors.
- Deleting a Referral. Referrals deleted in WorkSpan (as Opportunities) are also deleted in SFDC. Typically, it is used for data clean-up, which requires coordinating the deletion of data on both sides manually until now. However, with this feature, the data clean-up will be done only in WS and it will also handle the clean-up in the SFDC app. To know more, see 2.17. Deleting referrals.
- More AWS Contacts.
Added the following contacts:
- Partner Success Manager
- ISV Success Manager (ISM)
- WWPS PDM
- Customized Contacts component. Consolidated all the contacts in a new Contact Details component to list all the contacts from my company and the partner company. It helps in strengthening the interaction with potential partners and keeps track of all the contacts available for each referral.
- Structured flow. The Referral Details page is categorized into sections for ease of reading. It enhances user experience making it easier for users to find and engage with the content, and serves as a roadmap for referral navigation.
- Permissions enhanced. Added a new permission set (WorkSpan Auto-create Referral from Opportunity) for users who should only be able to create Referrals from Opportunities via auto-create (using the Flow). It helps create and update Referrals from the Opportunity, i.e., triggering the dedicated flows without access to objects used within the package. Read this article for more details.
- Streamlined submission process. Improved the submit flow to show only the fields required for successful submission. Increasing the chance that the form will get saved with a minimized effort. Many aspects contribute to these, but marking the required fields with an asterisk (and, optionally, the optional ones) is easy to address.
- An easy-to-access list of all referrals that failed in submission. Created a new list view with Referrals that are “Pending for Submission.” A specific number of Opportunity Referrals can be displayed by restricting the selection criteria.
- Added a report showing opportunities that do not have any referrals. Referral reports can be generated for incoming and outgoing referrals awaiting referral. This facilitates the decision-making and planning about a specific referral. To learn more, see reports (Refer 2.5. Reports and Dashboards).
- Incorporated recent ACE changes released by the ACE team in the last week of April-2023.
- Added expiry date in the Referral UI. The user can accept or decline the referral within the specified timestamp. The Accept and Decline button will become inactive once the timestamp has passed, i.e., when the user has neither accepted nor declined the referral, the timestamp will expire.
- Added APN Review Comments in the Referral UI. A warning message that states the review comments from the partner when the action status is set to required.
- Enabling Microsoft Solutions. You can now auto-create or bulk-create new Microsoft referrals by adding Microsoft Solutions to it. Additionally, you can add/delete a solution whenever required.
- Referrals successfully launched in ACE from anywhere (i.e., from within ACE or WorkSpan web app or from within SFDC) will have referral status as "Launched."
- Removed deprecated fields such as "Active Co-Sell Partners" and "Passive Co-Sell Partners" from all the layouts.
- Improved field validations depending on the field's value "is Opportunity From Marketing Activity."
- Remove automatic removal of value from "is Marketing Development Funded" field when "is Opportunity from Marketing Activity" is "no."
- AWS Contract Vehicle is now required for all countries for any referral shared with Amazon.
- RFx / Solicitation Number will be a required field only when Industry = “Government” OR “Education.”
- Hide “Launch in ACE” and “Mark as Lost” buttons when the “AWS Integration Status” is “CREATE_FAILED.”
Please sign in to leave a comment.