Table of Contents
OOTB the app, contains in-app notifications that are sent to users for Amazon and Microsoft referrals. Specific notifications based on various events can be configured by WorkSpan Admin.
1. List of included notifications events
Depending on the configuration, you may receive an in-app notification when an Amazon or Microsoft referral is:
- Added to the queue to be sent to the partner
- Successfully submitted
- There is an error in the submission
- Requires additional information to be submitted
- Accepted by the partner
- Declined by the partner
- Marked for launch in ACE
- Successfully launched in ACE
- Received from partner (incoming referral)
- Customer information is added (incoming referral)
- Accepted (incoming referral)
- Declined (incoming referral)
- About to expire (incoming referral)
- Expired (incoming referral)
1.1. Enable “About to expire” notifications
All notifications work OOTB except “About to expire (incoming referral)”. If you want to use the "About to expire (incoming referral)" notifications, you will need to set up a scheduled job:
- Go to Setup by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the Quick Find box, search for "Apex Classes" and click on it.
- Click on the "Schedule Apex" button.
- In the "Job Name" field, give a name to your scheduled job (e.g., “Referral about to expires job”)
- In the "Apex Class" field, select the SendIsAboutToExpireNotificationsJob.
- In the "Start" field, select the date and time when you want the job to start.
- In the "End" field, select the date and time when you want the job to end.
- Select all days of the weeks
- Select Preferred Start Time
- Click on the "Save" button to schedule the job.
- You can manage this scheduled job: Setup -> Scheduled Jobs.
2. Where to find the notifications
The notifications will show up in the top right corner of the screen, where the ‘bell’ icon is.
Clicking on the notification will take you to the relevant referral record.
3. Who receives the notifications
For each referral, the following users will receive the notifications:
- Owner of the referral.
- Partner Manager. The user whose email matches the email stored in the 'Partner Manager Email' field of the Opportunity Referral object.
- Account Owner. The user whose email matches the email stored in the ‘Account Owner Email’ field of the Opportunity Referral object.
- Opportunity Owner. The user whose email matches the email stored in the ‘Opportunity Owner Email’ field of the Opportunity Referral object.
Duplicate notifications will not be sent if one user matches multiple fields. For example, if the same user is the Owner of the referral and the Opportunity Owner.