Opportunities are leads in your joint sales plans and solutions that have a higher chance of opting in, converting, subscribing or making a purchase based on your set of criteria.
In WorkSpan, you can create, collaborate, and track one or more opportunities for your joint sales plans and solutions.
For each opportunity, you can:
- Select your partner engagement status
- Associate one or more sales plans and/or solutions
- Select the sharing mode
- Add key dates, members, and comments
- Add Account details
- Add custom and company fields
- Add tasks
- Add expenses, files, links and other content
Navigation: Home > Joint Sales > Opportunities
- To create a new Opportunity, Click +Opportunity and select Add New. Define an Opportunity window opens.
- Enter an Opportunity Name.
- Select the Partner Engagement Status from Identified, Joint Account Planning, Engaged or Converted to Opportunity. To configure other stages, tasks, and transitions associated with each stage, contact WorkSpan Support
- Optionally enter a Description.
- Select an Account Name.
- Your company name is entered by default in the Sourced By field.
- Click Next.
- Optionally, enter values in Industry, Region and Product fields. Click Next.
- Optionally, you can select solutions and/or sales plans with which you want to link this opportunity in the Link to Plans/Solutions section. Click Next.
- In Share with People field, enter names/emails of people with whom you want to share this opportunity.
- In Share with Companies field, enter the name of companies with whom you want to share this opportunity.
- In the Settings section, select between Owner and Partner modes depending on if you only want only owners to share this opportunity or if you want any partner to be able to share this opportunity.
- Owner Mode is the default mode.
- Partner Mode
- Check the checkbox if you want to Allow employees of your company or active partners to join without invitation, as participants. You can update the access level for one or more members at any time by navigating to the Team Members panel. See Sharing Your Opportunity with Members.
- Click Create Opportunity. You can click the Back button to go back to the previous screen too.
- If you want to navigate to this opportunity after creation, click Go to Opportunity.
- You can add:
- Key dates for your opportunity. You can enter a single date or a date range. Dates will trigger alerts and emails as reminders.
- Add team members to your opportunity.
- Edit Sharing with Companies.
- Add comments to the opportunity for in-context communication.
- You can now add the following to your opportunity:
- Account Details
- Opportunity Details
- Custom and Company Fields
- You can also navigate to the Tasks tab and add tasks to an opportunity. See Adding Tasks
- Optionally, you can also add one or more files, links, other content and/or expenses to your opportunity. See Adding An Item
Adding Account Details to an Opportunity
To provide more information and visibility to your team members on the account and company for which an opportunity is being created, you can add account details to an opportunity.
- Navigate to the Opportunity to which you want to add Account Details.
- Click +Account Details. Add Account Details window opens.
- Enter an Account Name.
- Enter an Account Source.
- Enter a Company Name.
- Click Save.
Adding Opportunities from within a Sales Plan or a Solution:
- Navigate to the solution or sales plan for which you want to add an opportunity or view existing opportunities.
- Click on the Opportunities section on the left pane.
- You can view all the associated opportunities in a table view on this page.You can navigate to the various opportunities by various stages-e.g, Joint Account Planning, Won, Hold etc.
- You can also create one or more table views, save a view, select metrics to view goals/results, go to a saved view, manage columns, export to a CSV format and search for an opportunity by keywords.
- You can also see the summary view for each opportunity by clicking in the opportunity row.
- For your opportunity, you can also:
- Update the status, for example, from identified to joint account planning
- Create a task
- Exclude from a sales plan/solution
- Unlink from CRM
- Add comments
- View all sales plans and solutions that the opportunity is associated with
- Associate with other sales plans and solutions that you have access to
- Share the opportunity
- Bookmark the opportunity
- To add a new opportunity, click Add New.
- Create Sales Opportunity screen opens. See Steps listed above. To associate existing opportunities, go to Associating Existing Opportunities