In WorkSpan, Opportunities are objects in your joint sales plans and solutions pipeline that either start as leads and flow through the pipeline as leads with chances of being converted to opportunities or start as an identified opportunity.
Navigation: Home > Joint Sales > Opportunities.
You can also create opportunities from within sales plans, solutions, partner programs or from within the assessments workflow.
In WorkSpan, you can create, collaborate (share), and track one or more opportunities for your joint sales plans and solutions.
- You can configure the opportunity workflow with the questions that must be marked complete to exit a stage. (This has to be configured in your Opportunity Template for your custom needs).
- Opportunity stage is automatically moved forward to the next stage, when certain questions are marked as Done or Completed.
For each opportunity, you can:
- Move Stage
- Associate/link to one or more sales plans; solutions, partner programs or assessments
- Select the sharing mode
- Add key dates, members, and comments
- Add Account details
- Add custom and company fields
- Add tasks
- Add expenses, files, links and other content
The steps listed here are for the WorkSpan Default template. Fields and formats might differ in custom templates.
- To create a new Opportunity, Click +Opportunity. Define an Opportunity window opens.
- Enter an Opportunity Name.
- The default Partner Engagement Status is Identified. Other statuses are: Joint Account Planning, Engaged or Converted to Opportunity. (To configure other stages, tasks, and transitions associated with each stage, contact WorkSpan Support)
- Optionally enter an Opportunity Description. Click Next.
- Select an Account Name with which you want to associate this opportunity.
- Optionally, select company names from your network in the Sourced By and Influenced By fields.
- Optionally, enter names of one or more partners. Click Next.
- Optionally, you can select solutions; sales plans; and/or partner programs with which you want to link this opportunity in the Link to Plans/Solutions/Partner Programs section. Click Next.
- In Share with People field, enter names/emails of people with whom you want to share this opportunity.
- In Share with Companies field, enter the name of companies with whom you want to share this opportunity. All company employees get a limited view of the opportunity. This helps you expand your target audience by attracting new partners.
- In the Settings section, select between Owner and Partner modes depending on if you only want only owners to share this opportunity or if you want any partner to be able to share this opportunity. See more on Sharing Modes
- Owner Mode is the default mode.
- Partner Mode
- Check the checkbox if you want to Allow employees of your company or active partners to join without invitation, as participants. You can update the access level for one or more members at any time by navigating to the Team Members panel. See Sharing Your Opportunity with Members.
- Click Create Opportunity. You can click the Back button to go back to the previous screen too.
- If you want to navigate to this opportunity after creation, click Go to Opportunity.
- You can:
- Edit Company Details for one or more companies by entering optional information such as Partner Manager; Product Category; Industry; Region, Country; Market Unit, Product; Service and Sales Details such as Amount, Currency, Sales Status etc.
- Enter Key Dates for your opportunity. You can enter a single date or a date range. Dates will trigger alerts and emails as reminders. See Entering Key Dates
- Add Comments to the opportunity for in-context communication.
- You can navigate to the Tasks tab and add tasks to an opportunity. See Adding Tasks
- Optionally, you can add one or more files, links, other content and/or expenses to your opportunity. See Adding An Item