The Tasks tab in a sales plan, solution, or opportunity is where you can add tasks that need to be completed to successfully execute your sales plan, solution, or opportunity.
You can assign one or more tasks to different resources, select the task status, assign a stage to a task, set the task priority and select due dates for your tasks and regularly monitor the status of your tasks for successful execution of your sales plan, solution or opportunity.
Only when all tasks assigned to a stage in a sales plan, solution, or opportunity are completed, then, the sales plan, solution or opportunity moves to the next stage in the hierarchy of stages. You can either select default stages for your solutions, sales plans or opportunities or contact WorkSpan Support to configure other stages, tasks and transitions associated with each stage.
- Navigate to the Sales Plan, Solution or Opportunity for which you want to add a task.
- Click Tasks on the left pane.
- Click Add Tasks to open Create a New Task window.
- Enter the Task Summary.
- Optionally enter a Description.
- Task Shown In field has the name of the sales plan, solution or opportunity for which this task is being created.
- Select the Task stage.
- Default stages in a sales plan are-In Planning; In Execution; Closed.
- Default stages in a solution are Ideation; Build; In Market
- Default stages in an opportunity are: Identified; Joint Account Planning, Engaged; Converted to Opportunity; Won; On Hold; Discontinued; and Lost.
- Select or enter the name of the resource to whom you would like to assign the task.
- Select a Status from To Do, In Progress, Paused, or Done.
- Select a Priority from Highest, Very High, High, Moderate or Low.
- Select a Due Date.
- Optionally you can enter Tags. Tags can be useful for categorizing tasks e.g. #sales-enablement can be used to tag all tasks that are related to sales enablement activities.
- Optionally you can enter files and/or links to the task.
- Click Create.