In WorkSpan, you can create, collaborate, and track opportunities for your joint sales plans and solutions.
Navigating to Opportunities
Navigation: Navigation Menu > Joint Sales > Opportunities.
On the Opportunities Landing page, you can view all of your existing opportunities in the following categories:
- All: All Opportunities you are a member or which you can discover.
- My Opportunities: All opportunities you've created or joined.
- My Invites: Opportunities that have been shared with you, but you have not yet accepted or declined.
- Discover Opportunities: All opportunities shared with your company.
You can search within all opportunities or filter the search by access level: Owner, Collaborator, Participant, or Viewer.
To open an opportunity, click the opportunity preview card.
For each opportunity, you can:
- Move Stage between Identified, Joint Account Planning, Engaged, etc.
- Hover in the name section to edit the opportunity name.
- Click the edit (pencil icon) in the Opportunity Details section to edit description, account name, partners and sourced by fields.
- Create custom fields.
- Go to the assets, tasks, activities, solutions, sales plans and partner program sections to view associated assets, tasks, activities, solutions, sales plans, and partner programs. You can also:
- Find and add more sales plans, solutions and partner programs to your opportunity.
- Add a new task or add a new activity to your opportunity.
- To add a new asset, you have to first create an asset in the Content Library and then add the asset to the opportunity.
- Add/edit files, links, tasks, expenses and content items (from Content Library).
- Enter/update key dates.
- View/edit existing comments and add new comments.
- View the activity log.
You can set up an opportunity template for your custom needs. To help configure templates, contact WorkSpan Support
You can now run joint pipeline reviews on a shared screen and be confident that your private fields are not shared with your partners with the "Show Private Fields" button. Any private data including fields and metrics will be hidden from all the pages including overview pages and table views. This user setting is persistent across the application and across sessions.
NOTE: The button will hide private fields but does not hide rows. In order to ensure that you are only sharing rows that the partner has access to, you should filter the Member Company column to the Partner company before starting the screen share.
You can nominate multi-way partner opportunities in WorkSpan. In the multi-company views, each company on an opportunity has a separate section where company employees (with requisite access to an opportunity) can populate their company's specific data such as their products, services and expected revenue.
You can also specify validations for these company-specific fields and also have company custom fields. Opportunities are dynamically updated to include these company fields when a user from the company is added to the opportunity.
Opportunities in Sales Plans, Solutions and Partner Programs
Intuitive workflows in WorkSpan's Sales or Solutions Apps enable seamless communication and coordination between partners to move an opportunity forward. Each partner can add pertinent information to an opportunity, exchange messages, assign tasks, add expenses, add files, links or other content to an opportunity.
You can pursue a single opportunity with multiple alliances, under different sales plans, and solutions. WorkSpan's robust access controls allow you to restrict visibility to specific partners.
- Account Name
- Link to Assessment
From within a sales plan, solution or partner program for each opportunity, you can:
- Open an existing opportunity.
- Add a new opportunity
- Exclude the opportunity from the open sales plan/solution/partner program.
- Add one or more tasks to the opportunity.
- Share the opportunity with others in your network.
- Add Comments to the opportunity.
- Bookmark the opportunity.
Adding an Opportunity
Adding Tasks, Files, Links, Expenses and Content to Your Opportunities
Creating an Opportunities Report
To view real time performance of opportunities in your joint sales plans and/or solutions, you can seamlessly and quickly generate a new Opportunities Report in WorkSpan. See Creating an Opportunities Report
Archiving/Deleting an Opportunity
As an owner of an opportunity, you can first archive and then delete an opportunity. See Archiving/Deleting an Opportunity