Users in WorkSpan have the ability to easily create an expense and see the total budget based on those expenses. Expenses can be added to the following objects:
- Sales Plans
- Marketing Plans
- Partner Programs
- Campaigns (For information about Campaign Expenses, a separate feature, please click here.)
- Navigate to the Sales Plans, Solutions Opportunities Marketing Plans, Marketing Activities, or Partner Programs to which you want to add an expense.
- Click Add Item drop-down and then click Add Expenses.
- When you click Add Expense, an expense form opens where you can add an expense.
- Select the Access control
There are two options for company-level access control on an expense:
- Shared - This Expense can be seen by all* members of this object, regardless of their company. (*Note: Participant-level users can only see and edit their own Expenses.)
- Private - This Expense can only be seen by users from the company of the Expense creator.
For example, if a user from Company A selects "Private", only users from Company A can see this expenses, assuming they are already members of the object. If you want to share your expenses with your partner(s) on this object, select "Shared."
- If the Access control is "Private", a lock symbol will appear next to the Expense after creation. The lock indicates that your partners cannot see this expense. Only users from your own company can see it.
- Enter a Name for the Expenses and continue to fill out the remaining fields. Some fields are required to save the Expense. You can always edit any of these fields later.
- You can attach Files and Links, such as receipts, invoices, and quotes, to the expense, as shown below:
Click Save, after entering all the expense details in the expenses form
- To add more expenses to the Opportunity, click the symbol in the Expenses tab.