You can create a Sales Plan Report for you and your partners to see data and performance on one or more fields of your sales plan or partner programs, for example, to get a dashboard view of the # of sales plans in a region, plans by industry, plans by a member, etc.
Some other standard metrics on sales plans include:
- [Product] Specific Revenue
- [Quarter Specific] Revenue
- Market Unit Revenue
- Industry Specific Revenue
You can either select one or more sales plans or specify a dynamic query to filter current or future sales plans for your report.
You can segment the report and charts by dimensions such as by plan stage, by region, by product, or by any custom field.
To see goals/results for one or more metrics for one or more of your sales plans, select the metric(s). For example, Total Contract Value. A column is added to the view for which the metric is added. The results are regularly updated when the report is refreshed.
Please select and run the report on sales plans on which you either have owner or collaborator access. Please do not select the sales plans on which you are only a participant or a viewer.
- Go to Home > Reports and click +Report.
- Select Create Sales Plan Report. Create Sales Plan Report window opens.
- Enter the report name and optionally enter a description.
- Click Next. You can now select how you want to build your report.
- As a source for your report, either select Sales Plans or Partner Programs.
- In How would you like to build the report?, you can select between the options-I'll select a list of sales plans or partner programs or I'll specify a dynamic query.
- Dynamic query option allows you to seamlessly aggregate a set of sales plans or partner programs by applying filters on all dynamically sourced fields in your sales plans (including custom fields and fields in the templates) or partner program instead of manually adding each individual sales plan or partner program. Dynamic query based report building also provides additional flexibility and ease since the filters that you select can have the corresponding result set expanded or contracted as sales plans or partner programs are created, updated, or archived.
- If you use Advanced Search, select your filter criteria for the sales plans or partner programs for your report. You can filter by all the fields including all standard, custom, and template fields available in your sales plan or partner program. You cannot filter by private fields. The sales plans or partner programs matching your filtering criteria will be added to your report.
- If you select I'll specify a dynamic query, Configure Your Report screen is shown. You can select one or more filters for your report and click Save to save your filtering criteria. You can update your filtering criteria at any time. Click Next.
- If you select I'll select a list of sales plans or partner programs, choose one or more sales plans or programs for which you want to run this report. Click Next.
- Enter names or emails of people with whom you want to share this report.
- Share List section includes your name and access level of an owner by default. You can update access level of other members to this report.
- Share with Companies lists your company by default. You can select other companies-employees from those companies will get a limited view of the report and can request to join. This can help you to expand your target audience by attracting new partners.
- Click Save.
- To add Charts for your reports-See Adding Charts
Article is closed for comments.