You can add one or more charts on the Charts tab of a report.
Charts allow you to view all your KPIs with ease. You can also:
- Add multiple charts
- Rearrange the chart layout
- Edit existing charts
- Download charts
- Delete a chart that you no longer use
Only users with an Owner access to the report can add, edit, download, delete or the change the layout of charts for that report.
Users with collaborator and participant access can only view the charts.
For a user with participant access, the chart will only include data from the rows that he/she has access to in the report. The views displayed rows which participant (logged in user) is a member of/has access to in that object.
Adding a Chart
- You can add a new chart for your report by navigating to the Charts section and clicking + or by clicking the Add New Chart button.
- Enter a Chart Name.
- Select a view in the Data Source (Select View) field.
- Select a chart-type amongst Bar, Bubble, Cluster, Bar Cluster Column, Column, Combo, Pie, Donut, Gauge, Geo, Line, Stacked Bar, Stacked Column.
- For certain chart types-Cluster Bar; Cluster Column; Stacked Bar; and Stacked Column, you can select two dimensions for your chart. (For example, in the chart for a Sales Plan Report, you can select Name and Stage as two dimensions).
- For certain dimensions (multi value variable types), you can also select between Actual Value versus Distinct Value for your chart. For example, if you are charting for a campaign that has three products, if you select the distinct value option, then, the chart will have three entries for product A, product B, and product C. If you select actual value, then your chart will have only one entry for all the three products. Also, for example, for Variable=Service and Values=Count, see the following screen shots for Distinct Values (screen shot 1) versus Actual Values (screen shot 2).
- Select a Chart Size amongst 1X1; 1X3; 1X2; 2X2; 2X3; 1X4; 2X4.
- For optimal experience, avoid using 1x1 and 1x2 chart sizes if the summary table is used.
- Select a Variable- all the fields in your report's view are available as variables for your chart.
- Select Values- fields with numeric values (For example, for a marketing report, for the Region variable, Requested and Committed can be two values)
- You can also select count as a value to support calculations of counts by a specific dimension or multiple dimensions.
- You also have the option to see a Summary Table, that will show a summary table below your chart with aggregated values by the variable(s) that you selected. You can choose to show or hide the summary table by using a slider.
- A preview is displayed.
- Click Save Chart.
Note: You can also edit a chart or delete a chart that you no longer use.
Article is closed for comments.