You can link/unlink opportunities in WorkSpan to your CRM opportunities, exclude opportunities, and add tasks to opportunities from within sales plans' and solutions' opportunity summary views.
Linking an Opportunity in WorkSpan to Your CRM opportunity
After successfully loading CRM opportunities into the WorkSpan staging area using the WorkSpan ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) process, you can link an opportunity in your sales plan or solution to any opportunity imported from your CRM application.
- Navigate to the solution or sales plan to which you want to link an opportunity from your CRM System.
- Click on the Opportunities tab, and all opportunities associated to the solution or sales plan are displayed.
- Click on the opportunity that you want to link. The opportunity opens on its Summary tab.
- Click More on the bottom right of the window.
- Click Link to CRM to link this opportunity to an opportunity in your CRM System. The Link To CRM Opportunity screen listing all opportunities in your CRM system opens.
- Select the opportunity in your CRM system to which you want to link your WorkSpan opportunity and Click Next.
- If the CRM Opportunity that you are linking to is linked to another partner opportunity in WorkSpan, then you are shown the Your Share in Revenue Splits alert as your opportunity is now participating in a revenue split.
- Split% defaults to a linear split (equal split across the opportunities). You can request a new split by entering a new Split%.
- Click Confirm.
- Split Status is automatically set to In Review. Partner managers of other opportunities in WorkSpan participating in a split are notified of the split request via WorkCenter notifications. All partner managers can send requests for Split% for their opportunities.
- Split Approvers and Split Admins can review requested Split % and adjust the Split % across all participating opportunities.
- Split Approvers/Admins can either keep the default values or manually override with a different allocation % and then set status to Completed, Admin Review Requested, or Admin Review Completed (only by split admins).
- Partner Admins are notified about Split Admin's allocations via WorkCenter notifications.
- For opportunities not participating in a split, Review the Summary and click Save to complete the linking.
Unlinking an Opportunity from Your CRM
You can unlink a previously linked opportunity from your CRM system too.
Click More and then click Unlink from CRM.
Excluding an Opportunity From a Sales Plan/Solution
You can also Exclude an opportunity from a Sales Plan and/or Solution by clicking Exclude.
The opportunity can be accessed from the Opportunities Listing page in case you want to include it at a later time.
Adding Tasks to Opportunities From a Sales Plan or Solution's Opportunity Summary Window
You can directly add one or more tasks to an opportunity in the Sales Plan/Solution Opportunity Summary Windows/View by clicking +Task.
Create a Task screen opens. Enter task details. See Adding Tasks