You can easily and seamlessly import data for opportunities, sales plans and solutions into WorkSpan using the new self-service data import feature.
You can map data from your internal CRM, other systems and external data sources and load it into WorkSpan safely and confidentially for your sales plans, solutions and opportunities.
This helps regular and periodic refresh of your data from your internal CRM and other systems, while keeping your data safe and secure.
Data validation is done to ensure a clean import of your data. Records that fail data validation are not imported and notifications for corrections are displayed against those records for you to retry.
Creating a New Import Configuration
- Go to Home > Setup >Data Import
- You are navigated to the Data Import Landing Page.
- Click +Import Config. Create Import Configuration screen opens.
- Enter the Import Configuration Name.
- Select amongst Plan, Solution or Opportunity in What are you importing?.
- If you want mapping for your custom fields, create a template and then select that Template. If selected, fields from the template will be included for mapping. Otherwise, only standard fields from the object that you have selected are listed for mapping.
- Attach your data file. You can only attach .xls files.
- After a file is attached, the Match Object By field is highlighted. Choose the parameter by which you want to match.
- In Set who can access this import configuration:
- Specify the Owners. Owners can create the import map.
- Specify the Users. These users can run the import, i.e, upload a different file, see the preview and submit the import, but cannot edit field mappings.
- In Share with Companies, select one or more companies with whom you want to share this import configuration. The job submission page specifies who is added on each created object. All users from the selected companies can run the import process.
- Click Next.
- Create Import Configuration screen opens.
- You can match fields in WorkSpan to the fields from your import file by dragging and dropping appropriate fields to the target rows in the WS Fields column. Each row on the right represents a particular column in the file.
- If you want to map nested fields like metrics within your solution or sales plan, go to the Additional tab and select the fields.
- You can also search by field names.
- It is required to click the Validate Data button before saving the configuration or submitting the job. This is done to confirm if data matches. Any error messages on field matching will be shown. You can remove mapping (association) of the incorrect fields by clicking X next to the field or correct the data and retry.
- You can also clone a data row. This allows one input column value from the file to be mapped to multiple WorkSpan fields.
- You can Save and Submit your Import job. Submit an Import Job screen is shown.
- Confirm your data selection and click Next. Submit an Import Job screen is displayed listing the matched fields.
- Click Save and Submit Job button. Confirmation message is shown. You can navigate to the Jobs page to see the status of your import job.