Sharing modes are set at an object level by an owner for enhanced security in sharing objects. There are three sharing modes for all objects in WorkSpan.
- Owner Mode: Most restrictive mode. Only an owner can add new users or companies to an object, and set the company flags for employees to find and request to join.
- Partner Mode: Delegate the sharing to other members, facilitating seamless collaboration. All members can share with new users and companies. However, members can only grant access level equivalent to or below their own access levels.
- Network Mode: Broadcast to all companies on the network. All members can share with new users and companies. However, members can only grant an access level equivalent to or below their own access levels. In addition, any user from any company on WorkSpan Network can discover and request to join.
To learn more, go to Sharing Modes
Access Levels in WorkSpan set the object level access for users, i.e, who can view, edit, copy, and delete an object. A user can be added to an object in WorkSpan with one of the following four access levels:
- Owner: Has superpowers to manage an object as a whole, and tailor member access.
- Collaborator: Has view and edit rights to all sections in an object but cannot delete the object. Use this level for the core team members on the object.
- Participant: Has view rights to most sections (except the financial sections) and can edit activities and assets that are specifically assigned to them.
- Viewer: Has view-only access. Appropriate for operations team, who need to view all aspects but are not going to make any updates.
To learn more:
Object & Field Level Security