As a WorkSpan Admin in your company, you can use the Workflows feature to create a workflow for a solution, a sales plan or an opportunity for all users in your company.
Each workflow comes with some default (out-of-the box) stages that you can use as is, customize, edit, or delete. You can also rename stages.
For example, Solution Workflow has the following three default stages:
- In Market
Opportunity Workflow has the following three default stages:
- Joint Account Planning
Sales Plan Workflow has the following three default stages:
- In Planning
- In Execution
- Navigate to Home >Setup >Workflows.
- Go to the Solutions, Sales Plan or Opportunities section and click + corresponding to the section for which you want to create a workflow. Solutions is being used as an example here. You can follow this process for creating a sales plan or opportunity workflow too.
- Create Solution Workflow screen opens.
- Enter details such as workflow name (mandatory) and description (optional) to create a new workflow for a solution.
- Select Automatic or Manual for stage transition.
- If you select Manual, then, conditions for stage transitions are not verified. For example, if a task is marked as required to move a stage from Ideation to Build, then WorkSpan will not check for completion of the task to move the stage.
- If you select Automatic, then, conditions for stage transitions are verified to move a stage.
- In Who can use this workflow? section, enter names of people in Share with People field with whom you want to share this workflow. Viewer access level is chosen by default. You can select between owner and viewer for each person with whom you want to share.
- In Share with Companies field, select name of companies with whom you want to share this workflow. Click Next to move to the next screen containing default stages.
- You can update stage name and add default (mandatory and optional) steps like adding tasks, inviting users, etc. to each stage in the workflow.
- Click Add Task to add one or more mandatory (required) and optional tasks to this stage. All mandatory tasks will need to be completed to move the stage.
- Click Invite Users to invite one or more users to this stage of your workflow
- Click Edit Field Privacy to select fields and make selected fields public and accessible to all users.
- Click Set Required Fields to make some fields mandatory to capture the needed information.
- You can save the workflow as a draft or activate the workflow. Once active, the workflow is ready to be associated with a template. See Understanding the Template Builder or Contact WorkSpan Support to help with your template association.
- After your template is configured, you can begin using this workflow to create your solutions, sales plans or opportunities.