Import your Opportunities in bulk to easily track your progress toward revenue goals and shared pipeline with your partners. With bulk import, you just upload your sheet from your CRM and share only the fields you want to share with your partners, nothing more and nothing less, without having to manually manicure each and every import.
Here’s how it works:
First, you create a “Config” which is like a custom mapping for a templated spreadsheet of data from your data source or CRM. It translates data in your spreadsheet columns to the correct fields in WorkSpan, so your data comes in squeaky clean. You can use this over and over to import data in a repetitive structure. Complete custom mapping once, and your data can seamlessly import.
Second, you can submit your import, which will use the Config rules to import your data to the correct WorkSpan fields. This will allow your CRM or data source to speak the same language as your partners’ data sources for easier smoother collaboration across the ecosystem cloud.
Create a Config & Import your Data
1. Click into the master navigator in the top right and select “Data Import” from the options
2. From in the “Data Imports” page, click the “+Import Config” button. The Import tab will appear, and you can configure your import, starting by naming your Import.
3. Choose the Object you’re importing
4. Select a Template for your import
5. Prepare to load your data
** Note: For a successful upload, use .xls file type, not xlsx **
^^ Guide to convert xlsx file to xls
Ensure your data is formatted correctly, as per the data import template here: (use this spreadsheet template to format your imports)
6. Click “Attach Data File” to import your data
** Again, note: For a successful upload, use .xls file type, not xlsx **
7. Once your file is uploaded, choose the object to match records by, like Account Name
8. Set your Sharing Settings, by designating Owners, Users, and Companies to whom should have access. Then, click “NEXT” → Your data will not yet be imported – you’re almost there!
9. Map your data fields
Designate which WorkSpan fields correlate with the columns of your import file, and drag and drop them into place. You can match the field name to column header.
Map all WorkSpan fields to your Columns for upload. Then, you’re ready to take the next step!
10. Click “Validate Data”. This will spot check your data to import, highlight potential issues to fix, and ensure your data will successfully import.
11. Save your Configuration Settings by clicking “Save Config.” Again, your Config is like a custom mapping for a templated spreadsheet of data from your CRM or data source. It translates data in your spreadsheet columns to the correct fields in WorkSpan. You create a config and re-use it for spreadsheets from your same CRM. Complete custom mapping once, and your data can seamlessly import! (Phew!)
12. When you’re ready, click “Save & Submit Job” to import your data!
13. Set Sharing Settings and ensure you have your imported objects mapped to the correct Plans, Programs or Solutions. Then click, Next.
14. In the final page of importing your data, review your data and click “Save & Submit Job”
And, you’ve done it!
You can go to the Jobs Page and see your import history there.
» Also see, Import Data Through A Saved Config