You can use the Discoverability panel in an object to setup and tailor access to an object for the entire company. An object can be made discoverable (visible) to all employees in a member company and/or to all members in a partner program. Once discoverable to a company, employees of the company can find (search) and send request to join an object.
On this panel, as an owner on objects, you can:
- Update the Sharing Mode for objects
- Update if all employees of a company can find and request to join by default when a company is added on an object (when the first user from a company is added on an object, the company is automatically added to that object)
- Add new companies in your network to an object
- For all objects (except Partner Programs), you can also select if you want Program Members to Discover and Request to Join the object.
- Go to the object for which you want to view/update discoverability-view/add company information and/or view/add information on partner programs linked to the object.
- Click Edit (pencil icon) on the Discoverability panel. Edit is only enabled when you hover in the panel header. Edit Discoverability window opens.
Note: For opportunities, click the gear icon and then click Discoverability.
- Owners can update the Sharing Mode for objects company wide.
- Auto Accept Requests to Join checkbox is applicable when Discoverability is enabled for a company and/or a partner program. When checked, requests to join from users of a company or members of a partner program skip owner approvals and users are auto added as participants to the object.
- To add a company, search for the company and click Add.
- In the company row, select Yes in the Can Employees Find & Request to Join column if you want employees of that company to be able to search and join the object as a participant without implicit approval from object owners. (To get your access levels updated, please contact object owners).
- In the company row, select No in the Can Employees Find & Request to Join column if you do not want employees of that company to be able to search and join the object.
- If there are partner programs associated with an object, then the Partner Programs tab is enabled. Here you can view the associated partner programs and select if you want all Program Members to Discover and Request to Join the object.