A product line item is created when you have multiple Product Opportunity records associated with an Opportunity.
The Product Line Item will be attached or displayed in WorkSpan opportunities after linking a CRM opportunity or bulk-adding opportunities from your CRM system.
You can now integrate your opportunity product line item fields from your CRM System to WorkSpan and use WorkSpan to track and report on product-level metrics across all your opportunities, sales plans, accounts, and partnerships.
Line Items are private company fields accessible only to users within a specific company.
- Line Items are accessible on the Opportunity page and are visible only to users within a company.
- Line items are accessible on the Opportunity Summary window from within sales plans, only visible to the users within a company.
You can easily view:
- Revenue for a product across all opportunities in a sales plan
- Revenue for a product line across all opportunities in a sales plan
- Target versus actual for opportunity count, pipeline, and revenue for a product line in a sales plan
Default WorkSpan Fields and Your Custom Fields
The Standard WorkSpan fields for product line items are Product, Product ID, Amount, and Description.
You can also add custom fields to the product line item fields for your company.
Product Line Item Metrics in Sales Plans
Product line Item metrics are added to the sales plan to track the actuals based on line item data. Here are some metric examples and calculations:
- Product A Pipeline
- Example calculation: Sum of all opportunity line items with the product focus = Product A and opportunity status = Open
- Product A Revenue
- Example calculation: Sum of all opportunity line items with the product focus = Product A and opportunity status = Closed Won
- Product B Pipeline for North America
- Example calculation: Sum of all opportunity line items with the product focus = Product B and opportunity status = Open and opportunity region = North America
- Line items will be accessible from the table view on Sales Plans. This includes line items across all opportunities within that Sales Plan.
- This table view also includes standard and custom fields from an opportunity.
Article is closed for comments.