Here are some best practices that we recommend to setup, run and monitor your partner programs:
- Define/clarify a value proposition for your partner program. Clearly elaborate the goals and objectives of your program in collaboration with your partner(s). Enter other information such as Industry, Region, Products and Services to elucidate more about your program. See Creating a Partner Program.
- Identify the industry or types of partners-VAR; MSP; System Integrators; OEM; ISV; Distributors that you are working with.
- Setup success factors (KPIs) for your Partner Program. You can track metrics across all your partners, and accurately measure ROI as you get visibility into the joint marketing and revenues from joint solutions and joint sales deals. These powerful partner metrics help drive engagement, and accelerate desired business outcomes. See Adding/Editing/Deleting Metrics for Your Partner Program
- Share Marketing, Sales and other materials with partners. See Adding Assets
- Define partner responsibilities and expectations by assigning Activities and Tasks to people in your company and your partner's company. See Assigning Activities and Tasks.
- Choosing the right partner is the key to success. Select your partners and identify who you will be working with and what they will bring to the partnership- value to the customer. See Sharing Your Partner Program.
- Iterate and evolve your program regularly. See Editing Your Partner Program.
- Monitor your program frequently and measure KPIs. See Running Reports.