Field Level Security with Custom and Company Fields
Besides access level controls and sharing modes on objects, you can also control field level access within objects, i.e, determine which fields within objects should be accessible to which users within or outside your company.
WorkSpan provides the flexibility to extend the objects and add additional fields to support your joint business processes. You can define Custom fields that can be shared with your partner and are visible to all members on an object, or, you can define Company fields that are private and only visible to users within your company that are members on an object. Company fields are hidden when users from other companies access the object. Also, Company fields do not appear in searches or reports for users that are not in your company.
- Custom fields that are added to an object are shared and accessible by all members of the object.
- Users from any member company can search and report on the shared fields.
- Only users within a company that are members on an object can view fields added to the Company section. These sections are hidden from users from other companies.
- Company private fields appear with a lock on the UI.
- Searches and reports will not display these fields to users of other companies.