Account Object is a key driver to track all customer interactions from everyone in an organization. This process allows customer lifecycle tracking and helps maintain the most important asset (customer data) in a centralized easily accessible repository.
The account object serves to reduce the redundancy and duplication of information by offering an account list that can be associated with multiple linked ecosystem objects. For example, This eliminates chances of error and reduces manual effort in keeping entities like Opportunity up to date.
What is an Account?
An ‘account’ is an organization or company (e.g. Walkwater Technologies) with which a company (e.g.Gen Electric) does business and keeps track of its opportunities. Organizations (e.g.Gen Electric) keep track of their list of ‘accounts’ in CRM tools or in Gen Electric Master tools where they maintain a list of contacts and addresses etc for an account. Each of these accounts represents a company (e.g.Walkwater Technologies) or a division within a large organization (e.g.Walkwater Technologies Brazil orWalkwater Technologies Retail). So, an account could be linked to another account as a parent company and this could spawn multiple levels.
Each WS customer will have their own list of accounts with attributes that they need. So if Walkwater Technologies is an account of Cranston Company, Peres Telcom and Gen Electric, then there will be three separate records for Walkwater Technologies one for each.
Walkwater Technologie Inc.
Walkwater Technologie Inc
These accounts have attributes associated with them like industry (e.g. Retail), Region, geography (e.g. EMEA, LATAM) as well as the identifiers and description. Account Managers will keep all the information about an account up to date in their account management tools (e.g. CRM, spreadsheets).
You can use an Account Object to import your account master list from your source systems (CRM or any other account master tool) and refer these accounts in their business objects such as opportunity or sales plan etc.
Steps to create an Account Object in WorkSpan.
1. Navigate to Home -> Data -> Account
2. Now that you are on the Accounts page, you can now import all your account information.
3. To import the data, first you need to setup an import configuration and for that, navigate to Home -> Setup -> Import & Export
4. Click on the "+Create Import Configuration" and select the "Create Import Configuration".
5. When you click on the "Create Import Configuration", the Create Import Configuration form will show up on the right side and you can start filling in all the information.
6. Enter the Import Configuration Name.
7. Select 'Account' amongst Plan, Solution or Opportunity in What are you importing?.
8. If you want to map for your custom fields, create a template for account object and then select that Template. If selected, fields from the template will be included for mapping. Otherwise, only standard fields from the object that you have selected are listed for mapping. Contact WorkSpan Support to help you configure your templates.
9. Attach your sample data file. You can only attach .xls or .xlsx files.
10. After a file is attached, the Match Object By field is highlighted. Choose the parameter by which you want to match. All objects that have been imported under this import config are checked for uniqueness in this attribute.
11. If this field is External Account ID and you select the operation Create or Update, or Update only, then, the import will update the existing WorkSpan Account based on this External Account ID.
24. Confirm your data selection and click Next. Submit an Import Job screen is displayed listing the matched fields.
25. Click Save and Submit Job button. A confirmation message is shown. You can navigate to the Jobs page to see the status of your import job.
26. You can now navigate back to Home -> Data -> Accounts -> Import Data.
27. When you click on the "Import Data", you can select the import configuration and then import your account information.
28. After selecting the import configuration, you can click on "Submit a Job" or if you want to view/edit your configuration, click on "View Config"
29. Click on "Submit a job" and Attach a Data File you would like to import, now click on "Next" and then click on the "Save and Submit job" button.
30. Once the job successfully completes, the account objects will be created and you can view all the account objects by navigating to Home -> Data -> Accounts.
31. When you navigate into any account object you will be able to see the "Account Details", which will give you more insights about the account.
32. The account information can be shared by the "Owners" to anyone in their company. Owners can also set the Access Levels for the people with whom they are sharing the account object.