Custom reporting in WorkSpan allows you to create sophisticated reports using advanced report functionality with a simple and intuitive user interface. Use the report builder wizard to configure filters, columns and charts.
The custom reports fetch the most recently updated data and build metrics and charts based on real-time information available and don't require any explicit 'refresh' to fetch the latest information.
Using custom reports capabilities you can build multi-program reports and cross entity reports to analyze the impact of your joint marketing campaigns on your joint pipeline.
Collaborate with your partners by sharing these reports to a broader audience as these reports only include data that the user has been given access to. When your report is viewed by a partner company member it won't show any of your private data be it in charts or in columns.
Building a New Custom Report
- Specify name and description of the report
- Specify an object type (also referred as primary object) that you would like to report on. This is the key object around which the report is built. Recommend selecting the lowest level objects here like Opportunity, Lead, Marketing Activity etc.
- Specify any other linked object type that you want to include in this report. This allows you to add more context around the primary object you specified above.
- If the selected linked object directly links to partner programs an additional field will show up to specify partner program(s) that you want to filter the report on. Choose a partner program or multiple partner programs to restrict the data shown in the report to only objects that are linked to the partner program.
- The report will only fetch those linked objects which are connected to the partner program.
- The report will only show columns from the Business Process Templates that are shared with the partner program.
- Specify filters to include only specific dataset in your report.
- You can specify multiple filter conditions with AND and OR condition to define your desired result set.
- You can build filters on any of the available columns in the primary object and the linked object.
- You cannot build filters on your partner company’s data model (even if you can include those attributes in the report in next step)
- Select columns that you want to include in your report
- You can select any of the columns available in the list of columns in the left panel. It includes all the columns from the selected primary object and linked object.
- You can even select columns from your partner company’s public data model.
- You can include both private and public columns in your report. When the report is shared with anyone outside of your organization, private columns are hidden by the system.
- Build charts if you want to include charts in your report. Build a new chart by specifying:
- Name of the chart
- Specify Dimension(s) that you want build the chart on (if you want to add a simple metric card like count of all the opportunities, don't select any dimension)
- Specify the Metric that you want to showcase in your chart
- Add any additional filters that you want to apply in order to limit the data included in this particular chart e.g. you can simply build a chart for data in a particular sales stage.
- Use the advanced capability to de-duplicate your data if you have a setup such that the same Opportunity could have multiple copies of it in WorkSpan in order to share it with different partners. You can use this capability to de-duplicate the data based on source system identifiers like CRM Opportunity ID etc.
- Advanced configurations are available for the chart.
- Specify where the legend shows up or what color pallet to use for this chart
- Specify if you want to view the data in a summary table format right next to the chart.
- If you have built multiple charts in your report, you can arrange their order of display in the Preview step.
Sharing Custom Reports
After building a custom report, you can share the report with anyone in your company or anyone in your partner network. While sharing the report, you have two choices based on how you want them to use the report:
- Share report as an Owner - You can share these reports with any user as Owner of the report if you want them to have the ability to modify the report.
- Share report as a Viewer - Any viewer of the report cannot make any edits to the report. They can open the report and perform operations like print, export etc.
The choice of sharing doesn't change the data the user is going to see in the report. If a user is changed from Viewer of a report to an Owner of the report, will not change the data shown in the report.
Whenever a custom report is shared with an external user, the user doesn't see any of the 'private' fields included in the report. Such users also don't see any charts that have a private column as part of any of the dimension, metric or filters.